RSS

Travel Journal - Day 2 Shenzhen

27.02.10
Today, I totally overslept... Was supposed to meet Dennis at 10am but was still sleeping until he gave me a call at 10.15am... Soooooo sorry Dennis.. Washed up and got ready as fast as I could... Went for breakfast at one of those backlane shops. Another place that the locals go to. Was totally stuffed but the food was honestly only so-so... We headed to the Metro (train) to head over to my destination of the day - Hua Qiang Bei.
Just at the entrance of the stairs leading down to the station, I managed to get my first 2 pieces of 'Yu Rong' (padded quilt jacket) after a round of bargaining with the boss.. Gosh.. I really hate to bargain for things.. If not for Dennis (who did the bargaining for me.. keke) I guess I wouldn't have gotten these 2 jackets. We decided that since we were still in the vincity of the hotel, it was only wise to go back and put these 2 bulky jackets down first.. Thank goodness!!! I never expected the load afterwards...
The crazy buying started a few minutes after I entered the wholesale market - which is behind the electronics marts along the main road. Dennis left shortly as he had to get materials for his house reno. I continued my hunt and ventured deeper into the market area. Gosh! I am so amazed by myself. Within a span of less than 3 hours, I got more than enough things to stuff my luggage and backpack. The bulk that I had was so big, the shopowners thought I was buying stocks for business... Haha.. That was good cos that means that the prices that they gave me was not as bad as they would to a normal tourist.. Keke.. *Bargian*
The load that I had was too much for me. I had to stop shopping although unwilling but no choice. I am still puzzled at how I managed that big bulk of 'goods' to the main road to get a cab back to the hotel. Even the taxi driver was shocked... keke...
Arrived at the hotel around 2.45pm and did not wanna move for at least 15mins. My legs were soooooo tired. Think if I walked any longer, I would get the cramps. When I finally decided to move my butt to check out the 'good stuff' that I got... *SHOCKED* Filled the whole bed... and YIKES!! after squeezing the stuff into my luggage... cannot close!!! Had to sit on it and adjust the sides before I could get it clasped.. Mom, dad, whoever.. I need to come with more people next time.. Mikka, prepare a BIG luggage... =D
Manson gave me a call to arrange for the meeting tomorrow.. 12.30pm - Mongkok - lunch... Got it!!
Lazed around in the hotel until around 7+ when Dennis came to pick me, along with his wife and son. We went to a BBQ place somewhere off Futian District. Think I prefer this BBQ meal to the one I had in the morning.. keke.. Dennis' wife is from Szechuan, so she was secretly pleased that I can take spicy food. Dennis can't take too spicy so she has to cut down on the chilli and pepper. Have to re-check with him the name of this place. Would be good to go to this place for dinner again.
Went back to the hotel after dinner as the kid needs to go back and sleep. I went to the business centre instead of returning to my room. Miss Mikka so I had to go drop a short email. Happy to know that he will be starting his 'Golf Season' training again as the weather is getting better. Have fun with the clubs.. keke..

** Tomorrow will be Hong Kong day. Must remember that I can't buy anymore stuff...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: