RSS

Travel Journal - Day 3 Hong Kong

28.02.10
Made my way to Lo Wu station just a stone's throw away from the hotel around noon. Looking for the immigration counter was a challenge as I did not know the way around. I could only rely on the signs. Finally found it and got my passport stamped. Yay!! Another stamp on my passport for this trip. The train ride was challenge no. 2. Manson told me he would wait for me at Mongkok station. I realized that to get there, I had to make a transfer somewhere in the middle of my ride and I had absolutely no idea where.. Anyway, I just boarded the train. Thank God I was late (due to the wait at the immigration) and he gave me a call while I was on the train. It was then we realized that he had given me the wrong station name.. Phew!! If not for that call, I would be lost in the city... When I finally met him.. Lunch... =D Local food *yummie* Better food than in Shenzhen... keke.. After that was walk walk walk around the city (my poor poor feet...) But the places that we walked by was really interesting. Have seen Mongkok upteen times from the movies and TV shows but being there in person is a totally different feel. Although most of the buildings are old, they just have a kind of enchanting feel about it.. We had coffee at a small coffee shop in one of the old buildings (too many, dunno which one.. =P ) Cosy and comfortable.. Walked down Nathan Road then later to Tsim Sha Tsui.. Went into a couple of malls too but there's nothing special about the malls.. Just like those here in SG. I still like to walk the streets instead.. keke...
Last stop - Victoria Harbour - think this place is a place every visitor to HK must go to. Fantastic view of the commercial district from there.. All the tall skyscrapers.. You can also see Tai Ping Mountain which is across the harbour. But it was really misty today so the upper part of the mountain was not really clear.
Couldn't contact Po Wah for the last week so I gave Alan a call instead.. Woah.. long time no hear from this guy, so he was really surprised to receive a call from me.. But too bad he already had another appointment so we did not meet up. What a pity!!
As it was the 15th day (last day) of the Lunar New Year celebrations, Manson had to go home for dinner.. Tradition.. So when he went back, I took the train and made my way back to Shenzhen. I couldn't walk anymore.... Think I have totally 'overwalked' for the last few days. Came back to the hotel around 9 changed and went out to look for food. Couldn't spare the time to rest even a little bit cos it was getting late and if I still don't get my dinner, I would have to starve for the nite. I really don't fancy the food in China. Not exactly my kinda taste. Nevertheless, still had to fill my stomach. Was sitting alone at the noodle shop watching the sides of some fireworks behind one of the many tall buildings in Luo Hu.. Geez... the feeling was... lonely....
I know that one shouldn't go for massage right after food but my whole body was breaking up so I went ahead for my 1st massage in 3 days. Chinese massage... so-so... I still prefer Thai massage better.. keke..

** Tomorrow, I'll be catching the plane back to SG.
Yay!! Miss home, miss mom and dad, miss Mikka...

0 comments: